May 15, 2014

I think I Pinned by Brain Out

Ages ago I signed up for Pinterest. It was tiny at the time and only was open by invitation. Yeah, I know.

AGES AGO.

Honestly, I didn't think much of it. I didn't see a point to making a digital bulletin board. I figured if it was really that great I'd print it out, or save the link, or some other nonsense.

Then the kids came. And I would print things out or write them down thinking I would get to them later. Later sometimes never happened. Or when it did the item in question had something spilled on it, ripped, or was missing a piece. So now I am a true convert to the Pinterest bug.

My only problem is now I have so many reminders of things I want to do. Like, I've become obsessed with finding free sewing patterns lately. So much so that if I was to sew one item a day I'd be well into fall by now. If you don't believe me, check out my board here.

It is jam packed with all kinds of goodies and now I don't know where to start. So, in order to gain some sort of footing and make some headway I've decided to make another list.

A LIST?!?!

YES! I know. I don't really like them written out usually, but if they are on the internet it doesn't really count. I technically didn't write them out. I typed them.

Besides, if I post it here I feel more inclined to show that I made some progress. It's weird. But it seems to work in my funky little brain.

This is my list of Sewing Projects that I wish to try out this summer. They are in no important order or preference. I just want to try them.

1. Breezy Tunic Pattern by Me Sew Crazy
2. Gemma Skirt by Tamanegikobo
3. The Garden party Dress by Honig Design
4. Ms Eliza Bennet Shirt by Meanie Greene
5. The Brigitte Dress which looks a lot like the Coco Dress by Tilly and the Buttons
6. The Weekend Blouse
7. This Short Dress


Besides, we can consider this all research because I want to start making my own patterns to share and perhaps sell later on. I didn't go to fashion school for 4 1/2 years, change majors and graduate from art school for nothing!

aha!!

 HAHAHA

I'm talking crazy. Blame Pinterest because I think I pinned my brain out.

No comments:

Post a Comment