May 8, 2014

A Brand New Blanket!!

After what seems like months and months, I am finally done with my Circle Fun Granny Square Blanket.






 TADA!!!

It was certainly a stash buster project and I feel very accomplished seeing it complete. All that I bought for it was 3 skeins of the cream colored yarn for the edging. That makes this blanket cost me a little under $9.

And perhaps, a lifetime of haunting. Those squares will come after me in the dark corners of the night.

How many squares does this stupid thing take?!?!
 (The answer was 63)


If you want to get the pattern and torture yourself click HERE to get it. 



I have much more respect for people that make blankets continually. It's like an endurance race. You go in strong, with high hopes and think you will just bang this sucker out. You're psyched!! And then about halfway through you lose momentum and question yourself. There were several times I wanted to quit, throw the squares in a big pile and never want to look at them again. EVER.

But in the end, it's worth it.




Now kids!! Stop putting my precious blanket on the floor and stepping on it with your dirty, dirty shoes.



You filthy hobbitsess!!  Precioussssss.........

No comments:

Post a Comment