Jun 3, 2011

Unmotivated

I think I might actually be crafted out. I've been running and running on so many different projects, that I might have burned out my craft motor. I didn't think it was possible. I just feel so stagnant. I don't feel like I'm going anywhere lately.

I haven't put the zipper back in that skirt because I'm still mad at that evil bobbin. I haven't finished my maternity shirt revamp because I misplaced my thread. I have had no sales in my Etsy shop, and have not listed any of the new items because I... have no sales in my Etsy shop. I really should get on to taking some nice photos of the new items so I can post them.

The problem is time. Time and sunshine. I don't want to waste that happy sunshine time on something that I consider a bit selfish on the weekends (when I have more time to do it) when I should be out playing with the kids or doing that annoying grocery shopping. I work a full time job, I am a full time mom, selling on Etsy is a part time gig and I'm failing. I don't have the time to devote to getting a real lighting set up and taking nice photos because as soon as I come home from work it's -clean, vacuum, cook dinner, dishes, play, jammies, bedtime, do the banking after the kids sleep- etc etc. It's like it never ends. And little kids certainly will not leave your lighting set up alone. Oh, no no no!

I think I need a brain vacation. Or maybe a real vacation.

But for now I will keep plugging away on my unfinished projects. Maybe when I accomplish more of those I will be more inspired and motivated. Sometimes, that can only come from finishing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment