Jun 13, 2011

Crawling back up

I'm still sick but I'm slowly gaining momentum so I can start crafting again. I better start crafting again. My deadline for my lolita skirt is coming.

Last week I finally sucked it up and took it back to the sewing machine to put that evil zipper in. I swear I never had so many problems with a zipper in my life. I don't know what was wrong but that problem with the wrong bobbin certainly did not help in the slightest. I got the zipper in, and now all that is left is closing the waistband, sewing on the last tier and hemming. I might go the lazy route and serge and single fold the hem. Everything in me says to double roll it but oh, lordy. I do not want to double roll and press 178 inches of hem. That? Well, that can suck it. I will befriend my serger and bust that bad boy out.

Also, I got a bit of a surprise yesterday. We had my son's very first birthday party and during which a friend of mine commented about my Etsy store front. It came completely out of the blue as I have not thought about my storefront for a few weeks. I've been so preoccupied with other projects and other nuisances of life that it's just sat that. But I guess it wasn't forgotten by everyone. She said she wanted to purchase a few things of mine and was really surprised and enjoyed my work. Granted, she is one of the nicest girls I've ever met (and was trying to clean up after others at the party itself) and always has a positive outlook on everything but to hear someone say that was wonderful..

I had forgotten and started to lose faith in my Etsy shop but knowing someone remembered and liked my items was a boost. That might have been the edge to get me rolling again. I do feel more motivated. Perhaps it's that comment, or the fact that I can breathe through my nose again and not wake up struggling for air.

No comments:

Post a Comment