May 17, 2011

Plarn Clutch Purse

I finished another project. Cheers for me!!

Well, this was actually a side project. Originally, I had crocheted a rectangle of plarn for one side of a tote bag I was working on. Well, I didn't count right (silly me) and by the time I realized it, I was too far along to force myself to unravel it all. Instead, I created this clutch bag from that side panel piece.

I was inspired by some more mod clutch bags with the cut out handles. I personally prefer handles on my bags because I feel like I need something to hold on to. Otherwise I will drop it or forget it. This clutch  features my (recent favorite) wave stitch in my traditional colors of blue, white and brown plastic bags.
Overall View


 Side View


 Detail of the rectangular handles


 The full lining of white muslin was hand stitched to the inside,  making it invisible on the outside. 

I am not completely happy with how it turned out so I will call this a 'sample'. I feel like I need to reinforce the cut out handles, perhaps with felt to make them sturdier. Also, I will modify how I finish the edge of the outside crochet piece next time. 

What do you think?

2 comments: