May 10, 2011

Making Fabric Last

I've got the sewing bug lately (in case you haven't noticed) and much like other crafters I have a supply hoarding problem. If a crafter claims that they don't have a hoarding problem, it's called denial.

Lately I've been wanting to make maternity dresses and tops for myself but have limitations. My limitation is to not buy more fabric and use what I have. This would seem easy since I have yards upon yards. However, I have found that I usually only have a half yard or less of a single fabric. Couple that with a bulging belly, and it is not enough to make a nice shirt. 

So I decided to start an inspiration pile- ways to incorporate two or more fabrics without looking like Raggedy Ann or donning one of those horrid color block panel numbers famous in the 80s.


Dresses

From DKNY




From BCBG MaxAzria

 Oasis Color Block Dress

Milly's Imara Dress


Tops

From BCBGMaxAzria

 From Charlotte Russe

From Charlotte Russe

From The Gap


Skirts

From BCBGMazAzria


From a Pea in the Pod

 From Simply Vera, Vera Wang

Hopefully this pile will give me more inspiration and some fabulous maternity clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment