May 13, 2011

Books are Amazing

With my latest obsession being sewing I have noticed an empty space in my fabric library. I've got some great books, but I want more. So here I am going to share with you some books that have made it with me for over 10 years from fashion design school to working mom. Afterwards I will give you my wish list of books. Perhaps I'll send my husband to this link when my birthday comes around this year.

My Library
Patternmaking for Fashion Design- probably not a 'sewing' book but it's great for understanding patterns, how to make your own and how to adjust ready made clothing/commercial patterns.
Fabric Glossary and Fabric Reference - these MUST go hand in hand. It is a wonderful tactile book on the many different types of fabrics.
More Fabric Savvy - this is a great cheat sheet of fabrics and their applications. The fabric glossary is a great reference and Fabric Savvy is the way to apply that info.
(others I can't recall right now because my sick brain hurts)

My Wishlist
Shadowfolds- A book on folding techniques for fabric
The Art of Manipulating Fabric -this book was a reference for a woman who designed for St. John's Bay who came to visit us in school. If she finds it great, it must be true.
Complete Guide to Sewing - I keep hearing this is the move complete guide to sewing but only with the older editions. Many reviews say that the newer additions are more abridged and incomplete in comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment