May 18, 2011

Back to Hooking!

CROCHET!! It's crochet, you dirty people.

I decided last night that it's been far too long since I've listed any new pieces on my Etsy shop. So I decided to get off my duff and work on some new products like I previously said. I posted a few small crochet pieces a few posts ago that look like contenders for barrettes but I'm still uncertain.

The problem resides in what to make for the shop. I am still in my confines of trying not to buy any new supplies but I would really like to try out doing some hair clips and barrettes to help round my shop out. So far it's mostly pins (which I know not everyone uses) and a few bags. While I love making the bags I feel like this is already a saturated market and with the amount of time and work involved, I'm not sure if it's worth it. Yes, I like making them, but I don't want them to sit around waiting for homes in my box of merchandise. I know I don't have a need for 10 different plarn bags and only so many people love getting homemade gifts every freaking Christmas or holiday. I don't want to be the lady who you smile and thank while you secretly plot to put the gift in your next bag to Goodwill. 

I think overall I just need to focus. There are so many crafts and things I enjoy doing well but what should I put in my Etsy shop? I don't want it to feel much like myself; a colorful explosion of miscellaneous interesting crafts all mixed together until it resembles vomit. While interesting, the image is not appealing.

If you have a moment, give my shop, ArtsofEska a look and tell me what you like and what you would like to see more of. I'd love more input.

No comments:

Post a Comment